Tuesday, March 17

Confessions of an internet addict.

The internet. This how I began.

It all started in 2004. In my grandparents house in Puncak Prima, Seri Hartamas. I saw my brother using the computer in the guest room, so I asked what was he doing and he said... 'Friendster'. At first I just looked at the screen with so much confusion. So then I asked my brother "Abang, what's friendster?". So he started explaining to me what it was, and I got more interested in it. So my brother helped me make an account. Although, as you can imagine, it was as dull as ever. It was just a profile with 1 friend which obviously was my brother. I didn't even know how to use the computer at that time.

That was practically the first time I used the internet. Haha, but I never logged in that friendster account of mine again. Probably cause I didn't know how to. So after that I used the internet for emailing. Haha. Yes, I sent emails to my best friend. My email was blossom something. Blossom_sufianna? or something like that. (Blossom from PPG btw).

Next, was the MSN MESSENGER. It all began when I started to text this boy I was fond of. And he asked me whether I had Msn Messenger, so it'd be cheaper then texting. And I said yes. Though I didn't at that time.. So I just used my brothers account. Kitkat_johan@hotmail.com. Went online often just to chat with this boy.

I then decided to make my own email for MSN. I asked help from my cousin over at her house, and she came up with justagirl_94. And i've been using that account ever since.

Around this time, almost everyone in my year had msn and friendster. So I started adding people and made a friendster account again. Of course it started dull cause at that time I couldn't really go online often. But a few months after that, my dad got a laptop. So thats when I started going online much more often and soon, I became an expert with friendster and msn.

During that time, friendster was so the 'in thing'. Everyone making their profile nicer with layouts and people comparing who has more testi's and more friends. Haha. Around this time, my friendster was fully pimped and was super fly.

And then.... the era of blogs started. Everyone started a blog and I was one of them without a doubt. Haha.

So it started from,

Emails-> Friendster -> MSN -> Blogger :)

I swear, if I were to look back at how I was with the internet back then, i'd laugh. I mean with all the lame friendster profile and the HORRIBLE way I wrote in my blog! and not to forget all the lame websites I use to go on :p Haha.

Sigh, things has definitely change..

Thats my story of how I began being an internet addict. Whats yours? :)

No comments: