Thursday, May 21

Memories.

Isn't it weird how a certain song can trigger so much memory? Just because you listened to that song a lot during a certain period of your life, in the future, that song will always remind you of that certain period of time you went through.

A song now can mean so much. It can hold so much memory to you. Who gave it to you, how you got to know the song, how it use to make you feel, etc.

It also can remind you of people :)

Examples?

Little Jackie and the song Sweet about me by Gabriella Cilmi reminds me of Farah. Farah Aisyah. Lol. I remember we use to exchange songs with each other and use to write it in a piece of scrap torn paper to remember the name of the song. Oh, and the Sweet about me song reminds me of the time when we all went to Telawi together and asked bunch of random MEAN people to fill up the forms! Haha. Me and Farah got so little compared to you guys's (Shannen, Fidah, Aza, Teng).

Songs by Mozella reminds me of Azim. Haha. I introduced him to that singer. I GAVE LOTS OF SONGS TO HIM TOO! Mozella reminds me of Azim I guess cause I listened to a lot of Mozella songs during the time I was close to Azim.

I'll make a man out of you from Mulan reminds me of Hazim! Cause me and him would sing that song while we were skyping with the other rangers? Haa, good times, good times.

I'm Shakin' by Rooney reminds me of Yazmin. Cause during MSSM 2008, that was her alarm song to supposedly 'wake her up'. I assure you, I use to wake up hearing to the alarm, and I would go shower, when I come back in the room the alarm would still be ringing and she'll be sound asleep.

Etc.

Awwwww :')

Edit.

So, this is super weird. Me and my dad were watching AI and Rod Stewart sang Maggie May, right? Suddenly my dad said,

"You know Nana, one day in the mere future, when you suddenly hear this song, you'll remember the times when me, you and Joe were in the car driving back from me picking you guys up from school in 2004/2005 singing our lungs out to this song. "

This happened RIGHT after I blogged about how songs can contain so much memories.

Ahh. Coincidence or what. :)

No comments: