Thursday, August 19

Merdeka 2010.

Merdeka. I think we're losing the meaning of it and we're taking things for granted. Taking this easiness of life for granted. And sadly no subject we learn, no song we sing, no essay we write will remind us of the hardship because, WE did not go through it. As much as everyone wants us to celebrate this day of independence with patriotisme, I don't think it'll happen. Satu Malaysia. Sure, it's a great vision but will this vision become reality? Will one day, all of us be able to put our race aside? We're all racist to a certain extent. It's just the way it is and I dont think that'll ever stop. Maybe it'll get better gradually through time, maybe. But, what's this I hear on the radio about how Malaysia isn't racist and how we're SATU MALAYSIA. When our country has had controversial race issues? I just think we're going way over the top with this Malaysia-is-so-good-we-are-not-racist motto. :)

But, hey, Satu Malaysia, if it can be reality, that'll be great. I do support it but I just think its not gonna happen anytime soon.

No comments: